TrueStory

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Story

2 posters

SUGGESTIONS (I highly recommend you read this if you're writing an app now)

KayEff

SUGGESTIONS (I highly recommend you read this if you're writing an app now) Empty SUGGESTIONS (I highly recommend you read this if you're writing an app now)

Post  KayEff Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Patrick's Guide to Writing a GM Application

The format:
    Name:
    Timezone:
    Years of Exp:
    Main Interests:
    Strong Qualities:
    Weak Qualities:
    Why You?:
    Off Topic:

There are so many strong qualities that, when listed, would boost up credibility in regards to becoming a GM. However, everyone seems to follow a pattern by listing the same things over and over again. I'll list them:

• Ban hackers and spammers (These are highly rare in this time. Maybe if we get more people, they'll start sprouting. By then we may start taking it into consideration.)
    • Make the server a better place (I can't imagine that happening.)
    • Active (Yeah, and two weeks later you'll stop going on. Just staying that demotes your credibility. I've heard too much of this, and too much of the opposite happening.)
    • Friendly (So are users. No fucking difference.)
    • Get people on the server (That's nice, but not really the best quality, is it?)
    • Host events (This one is popular. So what if you can host events? It's not like you're allowed to do it whenever you want. Most of the time when events are scheduled to be hosted, there's no one there. This is also related to the "active" quality. Moreover, events won't be hosted until we get a lot more people on the server.)
    • Vote everyday (So?)
    • Lots of experience (Just because you play Maplestory for 17+ years does not mean you can be GM. For all I care you could be that one guy that pisses everyone off, and somehow make a living off of that. Try again.)
    • I've been admin/GM in this other server... (You could also have been banned from that server for corruption as a GM. Read the above bullet.)

Here's what you CAN do:

• Hang out with people. By doing so, we can observe how you act around people, and from there we can have a different mindset when we judge the applications.
    • Show, don't tell. Actions often speak louder than words, and this is no exception. If you are committed, prove so. Show that you'd do anything for the server, and you're not just some passerby. Unfortunately, there are some things that even when taken to action will not increase credibility (like being active).
    • If you have any weak qualities (legitimate ones that relate to being in the server), try your best to eliminate those before even making an application. So what if you can't code? You can learn, can't you? That's what I did, and look at where I am now. Nothing's impossible. You just need to be committed.
    • Show that you can take responsibility. If you get an argument, what would you do?
    • Don't think about so few things, like hosting events. Think outside the box. Try to list things that normal GMs would never think of doing.
    • Explain! The more you explain about yourself, the more credible you will be. This way, it would seem more like you spent time and effort into writing such a long application. Moreover, the judges won't have to be disappointed with having their time wasted.
    • Don't limit yourself! Write anything and everything you can think of!

You sure don't have to follow these guidelines. But this is what I followed. I'm a GM now. What do you think would happen to you if you followed this?
    Rain
    Rain

SUGGESTIONS (I highly recommend you read this if you're writing an app now) Empty Re: SUGGESTIONS (I highly recommend you read this if you're writing an app now)

Post  Rain Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Okay dude, you dissing everyone who made a app, i read all your mean comments, i don't really like you anymore Mad

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:17 am